20mm Porcelain Paver FAQs
What are 20mm Porcelain Pavers?
20mm Porcelain Pavers are engineered to be incredibly durable, frost-resistant, and versatile. Made from 20mm thick Porcelain, they are designed to withstand heavy loads and are suitable for a range of applications.
Where can I use Porcelain Pavers?
Porcelain pavers can be used anywhere traditional pavers are used, including sand, gravel, grass, or adhered or laid on a concrete slab. They can also be used on Deck Jack systems like Nurajacks, which allow the tiles to be raised up to the level of the interior living space, creating a level threshold with optimum indoor/outdoor flow. Nurajacks do not use adhesives and grout, and as the tiles are "floating", a tile can be removed at any time for the substrate or drainage outlet to be inspected.
What is the difference between a traditional tile and a 20mm Porcelain Paver?
Most traditional external tiles range in thickness from 8-11mm and can only be laid on a solid base like concrete. Porcelain pavers are 20mm thick and engineered so that they can be installed on raised jack pedestal systems and withstand up to 1000kg of weight sitting on them. 20mm porcelain pavers are the hercules of the tile world.
- Easy to clean.
- High slip resistance.
- Extremely high mechanical strength. A 20mm porcelain paver has a breaking strength of > 11000N (Newtons) compared to 2500N for a standard 10mm thick porcelain tile.
- Does not require sealing.
- Easy to install, remove, and reuse.
- Resistant to thermal shock, acids, salts, and mold.
- Does not fade over time.
- Can be mitred or bull-nosed and used for coping tiles around pools or on steps.
- If adhered to concrete correctly, Porcelain pavers can be driven over.
In summary, 20mm Porcelain Pavers are a highly durable and versatile option for a range of outdoor applications. They are easy to clean, slip-resistant, and engineered to withstand heavy loads. With their excellent resistance to frost, fire, and other elements, they are a great choice for any outdoor space. Shop now at Paver Direct and transform your outdoor space with ease.Our products